A tattoo is a form of body modification where a design is made by inserting ink into the lower layers of the skin (dermis).
Having a tattoo may initially seem like a great idea, but over time you may regret the decision. Over 20% of British adults have at least one tattoo increasing to over 30% amongst those aged 18-29 years.
Recent academic studies have concluded that significant numbers (approximately one third) regretted their tattoo.
For over 20 years, leading plastic surgeons and dermatologists have regarded laser as the optimal gold standard method for the removal of unwanted amateur and professional tattoos.
Clients usually request complete removal of a tattoo.
No single laser wavelength can remove all types of tattoo ink. The removal of a multi-coloured tattoo requires at least three wavelengths of laser light to ensure superior results.
Our Cambridge Laser Clinic offers 3 full power primary wavelength laser systems to ensure optimal results:
- Active Q switched Nd Yag 1064nm both in traditional and fractional modes for the removal of black, dark blue, white, grey and brown ink
- Active Q switched Ruby 694nm both in traditional and fractional modes for the treatment of black, sky blue, yellow and green
- Active Q switched KTP 532nm both in traditional and fractional modes for the treatment of red, dark blue, orange and purple ink
Not all tattoo removal lasers are the same and our advanced systems deliver the following characteristics (the importance of these features is described in depth within the detailed explanation section of this website):
- Actively Q switched – delivering a single high-powered pulse in durations of less than 6 nanoseconds.
- Deliver in excess of 1 joule of energy per pulse.
- Very large square spot sizes up to 8mm.
- All treatments are delivered with forced cold air skin cooling reducing discomfort and skin damage.
- We are able to offer fractionated Q switched laser treatments in all wavelengths resulting in a reduced number of treatment sessions.
Sometimes partial fading of a tattoo is required enabling modification of artwork at a later date.
It is estimated that our tattoo removal lasers are up to 10 times more effective and deliver up to 16 times more energy than cheap equipment commonly found on the high street.
Because we offer the entire range of tattoo removal lasers, we can truly recommend the option that is best suited to your needs. Whatever we recommend, you can be assured that we are not using it because it is all we have to offer but because it is the best choice for you.
Our expert medical team has in excess of 25 years laser experience and have completed more than 120,000 successful treatments. Rest assured you are in safe hands. All procedures at Cambridge Laser Clinic are performed by fully qualified doctors, nurses and practitioners.
To ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained at all times, staff at Cambridge Laser Clinic are never offered bonus incentives to sell treatments.
Although medical laser clinics are no longer regulated by the CQC (Care Quality Commission), we continue to adhere to the strict standards that were in the past mandatory under government legislation. This is the best indicator currently available that Cambridge Laser Clinic is trustworthy.
All consultations are free of charge so why not call our team of experts today?