Your skin is the single most important barrier you have between you and the outside…
How we look changes as we age; fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear, sun damage becomes more apparent, and your skin’s texture is likely to change. You might even find that the colour and tone of your face change. Though this is natural and to be expected, you might want to reduce the signs of it happening and improve the overall appearance of your skin.
Many cosmetic treatments are designed to help soften fine lines and wrinkles, but few are as effective as a chemical peel. At Cambridge Laser Clinic, we provide a professional chemical peel service to those who want to combat the signs of ageing and give a much-needed refresh.
What Does a Chemical Peel Do?
Chemical peels are hugely popular, and this is because they improve the appearance of skin in several ways. Chemical peels smooth and soften fine lines, improve the skin’s texture and tone, and reduce the signs of sun damage. Below, we have listed some of the key reasons to pick a chemical peel as your cosmetic treatment of choice.
- Smooth Fine Lines and Wrinkles – One of the main reasons for having a chemical peel is to reduce the signs of ageing, and chemical peels do this effectively. Removing old and damaged skin cells encourages the skin to rejuvenate and repair itself. This smooths fine lines, wrinkles and creases. It leaves skin looking more youthful.
- Improve the Colour, Tone and Texture of Skin – Though there’s nothing to worry about if your skin has an uneven texture or tone, it can leave you feeling self-conscious. Chemical peels improve skin colour, tone and texture, making everything blend and smooth into one. Not only does this leave skin looking its best, but it reduces the signs of pigmentation and damage. Even colour, tone and texture create a more flawless look.
- Encourage Collagen and New Cell Growth – By encouraging collagen and new cell growth, chemical peels boost the skin’s complexion. Old and damaged skin cells are replaced with new and improved cells, which create a glowing and radiant appearance. It’s a great treatment if you want your skin to look healthy and glowing rather than dull and colourless.
- Reduce Discolouration and Repair Sun Damage – Protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays is vital, but even SPF can only do so much. Even if you put a lot of time and effort into keeping your skin protected, sun damage can still occur, and this often leads to discolouration. Chemical peels reduce the discolouration caused by sun damage and allow the skin to repair itself.
3 Main Types of Chemical Peel Treatment
- Restore Peel – This type of chemical peel is ideal for darker skin, sun damage, uneven skin tone, blocked pores and inflammatory acne and rosacea. It contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and help to heal damaged skin.
- Derma Peel – This chemical peel is perfect for anyone wanting to rejuvenate and refresh their skin. It leaves skin feeling softer, smoother and exfoliated. It utilises lactic acid to ensure your skin looks as healthy as possible.
- Regen Peel – This type of chemical peel provides a thorough exfoliation and skin transformation, as it uses multiple peeling agents that work together. It helps to combat inflammatory acne, sun damage, pigmentary distorts and scars.
Key Things to Know About Chemical Peels
- Chemical Peels Remove Old Skin – Many people make the mistake of assuming that chemical peels simply remove dirt and debris from your skin, but they actually remove old skin cells. Once the chemical solution has been applied to the skin, damaged and old skin cells are removed. This encourages the skin to regenerate, leaving new and improved cells in their place. A chemical peel doesn’t give skin a ‘deep clean’; it completely changes the skin’s surface, ensuring the cells are smooth and youthful.
- It’s Not a Case of ‘One Size Fits All’ with Chemical Peels – A handful of chemical peel types are available, so you won’t get the same treatment as someone else. This is important because it allows us to tailor our approach to your skin type and problems. For example, we might choose one type of chemical peel for someone with uneven skin tone and texture and another for someone who wants to combat the signs of ageing.
- Chemical Peels Are Not Dangerous – As the word ‘chemical’ is used, you might initially think that chemical peels are dangerous. You might assume that the solution burns away the top layer of skin or is a painful treatment. However, that is not the case, and it’s a completely safe cosmetic treatment. Reactions and side effects are rare, and most people find chemical peels a simple treatment. You have nothing to worry about as long as you choose experts, such as those here at Cambridge Laser Clinic. Chemical peels are similar to exfoliating your skin but on a more effective and impressive level.
Chemical Peels at Cambridge Laser Clinic
At Cambridge Laser Clinic, we provide various cosmetic treatments, including chemical peels. We know that dull and lifeless skin can be a huge knock to your confidence, as can skin that starts to look older than you would like. Luckily, chemical peels are hugely effective. Different types of chemical peel are available, and we choose the best one for your skin. We take your skin type and the problems you are facing into account and select a chemical peel that will completely transform your skin. To find out more about the benefits of chemical peels or any of our other cosmetic treatments, get in touch with one of our experts.