With warmer weather and summer holidays right around the corner, many men and women are…
How to Care for Winter Skin
We can all agree that winter is well and truly here, and most of us are already realising that winter isn’t a great time for skin. The cold weather tends to leave skin feeling dry and washed out, and the days of having a golden tan are long gone. This can leave you feeling as though your skin needs some TLC, something to keep you looking your best throughout the winter months. Luckily, a good winter skincare routine can make a big difference. Instead of writing skin off until spring, take the time to care for it at this time of year. You are sure to be impressed with the difference caring for your winter skin can make.
‘Must Do’ Things for Winter Skin
- Drink More Water – Many people drink less water in the winter, which can adversely affect their skin. Though your skin is likely to need less hydration during the colder weather – without the sun beaming down and lots of humidity, the body does a better job of retaining the hydration it already has – it still needs to be hydrated in some way. Otherwise, you could end up with dry and dull-looking skin.
- Stop Exfoliating – Your skin is likely to be drier in the winter, so it’s a good idea to exfoliate a little less and leave it be. You might be tempted to scrub away the dry skin, and you can do it on a smaller scale, but be mindful of making your skin worse than it was to begin with. Exfoliating too much could leave you with red, irritated and inflamed skin.
- Get to Know Your Skin – You might know exactly what your skin needs in the summer, but that doesn’t mean it needs the same thing in the winter. So, get to know your skin. Take the time to find out how your skin changes from season to season; it might be oily in the summer, but is this the case during the colder months? If your skin is different, you might need to change your skincare routine.
Top Products to Improve Your Skin This Winter
There is no denying the importance of having a good skincare routine, but in the winter, you might need to go beyond the standard ‘cleanse, tone and moisturise’ routine. At Cambridge Laser Clinic, we have several cosmetic products that will give your winter skin much-needed attention.
- Deep Cleansing Gel – Our deep cleansing gel restores radiance and tightens pores, preparing the skin for cosmetic treatments. When used daily, the gel purifies the skin and removes dead skin cells, leaving behind a completely transformed surface. Though there is a range of cleaners on the market, this one goes one step further by removing impurities.
- Regen-A – Using retinaldehyde and boosting your skin’s natural production of collagen, Regen-A can help combat fine lines and wrinkles and smooth skin texture. During the winter, many people notice that their skin begins to look older, mainly due to the fact that the skin is dry and forgotten about. After using Regen-A, you will see a noticeable improvement in the brightness and freshness of the skin.
- Protect and Restore Serum – Using collagen-boosting peptides, our protect and restore serum gives skin a much-needed boost. It restores cell activity, encourages skin elasticity and increases hydration. This enables cells to renew, creating a fresher and more youthful appearance.
Top Treatments to Give Winter Skin a Boost
There are many ways to care for your winter skin, and treating yourself to a cosmetic treatment is guaranteed to have your skin looking its best in no time.
- Chemical Peels – If you notice that your skin looks dull and lifeless in the winter, a chemical peel could be the answer. A professional chemical peel works by applying a chemical solution to the skin, causing the old and dead skin to peel away. Once the existing skin has been removed, new and youthful skin appears. This creates a smooth, fresh and rejuvenated look. As the chemical solution is added in a controlled way, a chemical peel is a safe treatment option.
- Dermaplaning – The combination of cold air and central heating can have an impact on the skin, causing it to appear dry and lacklustre. You might miss the fresh, vibrant and youthful appearance skin tends to have at other times of the year. Luckily, dermaplaning can make a big difference. Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that removes dead skin cells from the face, along with excess facial hair. It leaves your skin looking fresher and younger, even with the elements working against it.
- Microneedling – By rolling a number of tiny needles across the face, microneedling encourages the skin to produce more collagen. This helps skin to look volumised, youthful and fresh. It’s a fantastic way to give skin a boost in the winter, especially if you have noticed that your face is starting to look duller or older than usual. When the skin is encouraged to produce more collagen, elastin is also produced, which improves the skin’s appearance.
Professional Skin Treatments and Products
At Cambridge Laser Clinic, we understand the desire to have skin looking its best throughout the year. Just because winter is here doesn’t mean that your skin can’t look just as impressive as it does during the warmer months. Many of our treatments aim to help you care for winter skin. You could invest in a product or schedule one of our professional cosmetic treatments. You could even do a combination of both and really give your skin an impressive boost. Whatever you decide, there are many ways to care for your skin this winter. To find out more, get in touch with one of our specialists.